Audience: participants of online events organized by the Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission.
Last updated: October 2022
Who controls your personal data
Your data will be controlled by the Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission (“Fulbright Poland”) based in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Emilii Plater 28, 00-688, entered into the register of enterprises kept by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS No. 0000166179.
With any questions regarding your data you can contact us at [email protected] or via post.
Fulbright Poland uses the tools “Zoom” and “Google Meet” to host online meetings, videoconferences and/or webinars (hereinafter “online events”):
You can use “Zoom” and “Google Meet” by entering the Meeting-ID and, if applicable, other credentials. Should you not want to use the app you can use the basic functionality via a browser version of the respective tool.
The purposes of processing your personal data:
- to establish a list of registrants wishing to participate in the online event.
- to send updates/notifications concerning the online event.
- to allow the registrants to participate in the online event.
- to record the event and to share it with interested audience.
- to notify you about our other upcoming events, if you give us your consent.
Your personal data may only be processed for different purposes if this is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. transfer to courts or criminal prosecution authorities), if you have consented to the respective processing, or if the processing is otherwise lawful under applicable law. If processing for a different purpose takes place, we may provide you with additional information.
The types of personal data we process
Various types of data are processed when using the service providers. The extent of the data also depends on what data you provide before or during participation in an online event.
The following personal data might be subject to processing:
- During registration: e-mail address, name and surname, country of residence, affiliation, information about participation in the Fulbright Program.
- Information about the user: e-mail address, name or user login, telephone (optional), profile picture (optional).
- Meeting metadata: topic, description (optional), participant device/hardware information.
- Audio and video data (optional): if you decide to enable your webcam and/or microphone, the data from the microphone and/or webcam of your device might be recorded.
- Chat log: You may be able to use the chat, question or survey functions during the online event. To this extent, the public text entries you make are processed in order to display, and might be recorded.
- When dialing in by telephone: information about the incoming and outgoing phone number, country name, start and end time are registered.
Recording of the online events
If we want to record an online event, we will inform you transparently in advance. You will also receive notification from the service provider during the event, if the recording is on.
By participating in our online event, you automatically agree to authorize recording of audio and visual content presented during the event and consent to subsequent use of the recording by Fulbright Poland. We might upload the recording to our YouTube channel and make it available to the public. If you do not consent, you should join the meeting with the microphone and camera turned off. The chat transcript is not visible in the recording.
We may share your personal data to third parties where:
- It is necessary for them to provide you with services on our behalf, including “Zoom” and “Google Meet” as our service providers.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce agreements or contracts or to protect our rights, our property, or the safety of our webinar participants or others.
“Zoom” and “Google Meet” are services provided by companies with headquarters in the USA. Data processing therefore also happens in a third country. We have signed data processing agreements with standard contractual clauses with both service providers.
Legal basis of processing your personal data
The processing of your personal data is based on an understanding between you and Fulbright Poland that you will attend one or more online events, and that the processing of your personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes mentioned above. The processing of your personal data is thereby considered necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, which is Fulbright Poland’s legal basis for processing your Personal Data (Article 6, para. 1, lit. b of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)).
A processing of your personal data for specific purposes (e.g. use of your e-mail address to notify you about other events) can also take place on the basis of your consent. In general, you can revoke this consent at any time. Purposes within the scope of your consent is Article 6, para. 1, lit. a of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)).
Retention of personal data
Fulbright Poland will retain your personal data for as long as required to perform the purposes for which the data was collected, depending on the legal basis for which that data was obtained and/or whether additional legal/regulatory obligations mandate that we retain your personal data.
If you give us your consent to receive email about upcoming events, your personal data will be stored in our system and we will be able to use it as long as the consent is valid. In case you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Some of your personal data may be stored for defence of legal claims. This personal data will be stored until the expiration of the statutory limitation period. Moreover, some of your personal data may be stored in an anonymised form that does not allow you to be identified.
Your data will not be processed in an automated manner and will not be profiled.
You have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- have your personal data deleted or removed if there is no reason for its continued storage and processing;
- object to your personal data being processed and to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- request the transfer of your personal data to another party;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your country (in Poland: President of the Personal Data Protection Office); and
- where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of personal data based on your consent before its withdrawal.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
You may submit your requests by email or by post. You can, in principle, exercise your rights free of charge, subject to statutory exceptions.
Changes to this notice
We will revise this data protection notice in the event of changes in data processing or other occasions that make this necessary. You will always find the current version on Fulbright Poland website.