Zapraszamy do obejrzenia nagrania webinaru „Climate change – when science meets activism”, który odbył się 22 kwietnia.
The Fulbright Program and our grantees have always been on top of their game when it comes to responding to global challenges. Environmental protection and climate change are currently some of the most pressing topics that need to be addressed to protect our planet and humankind. On April 22 – Earth Day – we invite you for a panel discussion with international experts who will talk about how scientists and the general public can work together even better to prevent further irreversible damage to planet Earth.
Our experts, who are active researchers and educators or policy makers, will touch upon questions, such as:
- How does scientific research support social efforts to deter climate change?
- Can a scientist also be an activist? Who usually reaches out to whom first: Is it activists who look for scientific data to support their initiatives or researchers who actively engage in movements for social change?
- What role can a scientist play in policy making?
- Is scientific language used to talk about climate change clear enough to convey the message to the general public?
- During this meeting, you will also learn some tips on what all of us can do in our everyday lives to protect the planet.